Monday, October 29, 2007

Ditka's Revenge

The number of midwestern slavics with unfortunate facial hair is inexplicable. I am proud, now, to count myself in that multitude.

"Someone put a kielbasa in my mouth! I'm ready" www.threesources.com

I've had a long bad day. I'm sorry my third post ever is about the beetle-grub that's growing on my upper lip. In my defense, it's for a play.

I actually had the vague hope that my moustache would be both classy and rakish like those of certain movie stars--but that age is past, I think; new movie cameras too readily exposed the greasepaint with which Clark Gable beefed up his flavor saver.

I love and hate my moustache. It makes people uncomfortable, I think. They don't want to ask if--seriously? a moustache?

If they did inquire, I'd surely excuse it with the play, but in truth I'm the one who suggested it in the first place.

2 comments:

Bagel said...

Ha Ha Ha. The stache should stay. Ps I have no idea what TOBYMONSTER is saying right now.

alison said...

isn't it sad? mustaches -like hats- used to be standard fare, now if you have one it's a thing.

the last man i can think of who had a real dashing gabley-flynn stache was kevin kline. although that might have just been for sophie's choice... anyway it suited him. there's a surly bartender at frazier's who has a handlebar mustache which suits him because it's always frowning. selleck's stache was solid, like magnum himself. alex trebeck's mustache was completely unremarkable, also similar to it's wearer. it's most important the your mustache reflect your personality. also, i'd dare to guess, your hat.